The Grand Welsh Litter Pick
The global plastic issue
The perpetuating plastic production, especially with single use plastics, is one of the biggest environmental issues the modern world faces. As plastic waste increases, the ability to dispose of the plastic becomes more and more overwhelming for the world. As disposal methods and landfills become increasingly stretched, the overspill of the plastic waste is forced into the natural world. Plastic waste swarms our seas, and also litters our lands killing sea life, birds and our land animals. We need to preserve the planet for our children and grandchildren.
What is the Grand Welsh Litter Pick?
The Grand Welsh Litter Pick is part of A Grand Week in Wales. A project that takes place on 22nd February to St Davids Day on 1st March. The aim is for 1000+ individuals/families/groups to pick up and recycle as much litter as possible from the outdoors and the natural world. We are urging all litter pickers to predominantly target plastic waste. The litter can be collected from anywhere in Wales; villages, towns, cities, forests, beaches, parks, industrial estates, shopping centres, anywhere.
Why be involved with the Grand Welsh Litter Pick?
It’s fundamental that we do all we can to clear our villages, towns, cities, forests, seas, beaches, parks, even the industrial estates and shopping centres of its litter/plastic. No matter where the litter is, if it’s not in a secure bin ready to be recycled, it will eventually end up in the ocean. This is where you can help! So, join Green Paw Project on The Grand Welsh Litter Pick and help clean up our great outdoors!
What are the other benefits of being involved with the Grand Welsh Litter Pick?
- On an independent level – a feeling of positivity and doing something beneficial whilst also helping your own wellbeing and the community.
- On a community level – Engaging with the local community to take ownership of the factors which affect your own community, whilst raising old fashioned community spirit.
- Raising money to plant trees to absorb Carbon Emission
- By registering to be involved with The Grand Welsh Litter Pick, you will be not only embark on cleaning the natural world, every £2 raised will plant a tree that will be protected for its entire life.
- 100% of all sponsored money goes towards planting trees via The Green Paw Earth Conservation Project.
- Why must plant trees and aim to carbon balance? Read more via our Green Paw Earth Conservation Project.
How do you get involved?
You can follow this project by the hashtag #GrandWelshPick